Dynamic performance and fitness coaching for people of all ages and abilities
Whether you are a high level athlete or just starting to exercise, Momentum will guide you every step of the way.
Momentum is a place where athletes and people of all levels, interests, and capabilities can find a place to challenge, develop, and improve performance. Your goals are best achieved when you are coached in a way that considers your personal needs, operates in a collaborative effort, and utilizes a dynamic and evolving approach that advances with you.
Performance Training Questionnaires
Highly knowledgeable coaches that design programs to meet your individualized needs and goals
We are passionate about building a community of health and wellness throughout the lifespan, and because of that, we have ensured our staff has the training and skill set to work with clients, regardless of age or medical background. The long-term impact training has on development, maturation, and performance potential is exciting and life-changing, so whether you are a young athlete looking to excel in sports or an aging athlete wanting to continue to push your limits, you have a place at Momentum.
Athletic development occurs across the lifespan. Individuals develop fundamental skills at a young age, and refine them into competitive skills as they mature. It is our hope that a child’s athletic career is an enjoyable, safe, and positive experience, because kids who stay in sports are more likely to be fit and active adults.
At Momentum, we understand athletic development is very individual in nature, occurring along a continuum, making assessment, systematic progression, and training plans essential for improved health and performance. We learn about each athlete and develop a plan that accounts for their own body structure, responses to load, personal capabilities, and athleticism. We have knowledge and experience in maturation principles at every age, allowing us to apply specific coaching principles to training, competition, and recovery.
Training Options for Youth Athletes
Athlete Performance Training: Performance Training is for athletes of all levels looking to improve their strength, power, speed and overall athletic development. Each athlete will be thoroughly evaluated and have his or her own strength conditioning program written by one of our performance coaches. These programs take in consideration the athlete's baseline movement patterns, medical history and athletic goals for optimal results. An initial training assessment is required prior to starting performance training to allow us to properly develop a strength and conditioning program specific to each athlete’s needs.
Individualized programs and team training options available.
Training Options for Adults
Semi-Private Training: This is small group training that caps the gym hour to 5 people to ensure a focused and guided coaching approach by our trainers. This allows you to perform your individualized program, but have the company of others with you doing their own routines, while working hard together.
One-On-One Training: Personalized, 60 minutes 1:1 training sessions specifically designed for your needs and goals.
Group Classes: Group classes are also offered if you prefer being in an environment where everyone is doing the same thing. Don’t worry though, if there is a training need unique to you in the group setting, our coaches will accommodate you to allow continued participation. Group classes are offered in-person and virtually via Zoom. Please contact us for more information.
Better With Age: For adults 60 years and older. 60 is the new 30, so let’s get you exercising to keep you moving to stay healthy. This class is designed to challenge you in a safe and effective way, helping you stay active and feeling your best! This class is led by physical therapists to ensure that you are moving correctly, working around any past or present injuries/medical diagnoses that may have prevented you from exercising in the past. Movement is medicine, so let’s get you started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a former or current patient to do performance training?
- No. Anyone looking to enhance their health, performance, or fitness goals is welcome at Momentum.
Can I do performance training and physical therapy at the same time?
- Absolutely! We work closely with our training staff to ensure you are meeting your fitness and performance goals throughout your recovery. We collaborate to create workouts that take into account your current situation, while also promoting progress in what you are able to do, despite your injury.
How long is a training session?
- Evaluations: 30 minutes
- Training sessions and group classes: 60 minutes
Do I always have to train on the same days or times?
- No. We know life gets busy, schedules change, and sometimes we just need to have a little flexibility. Our semi-private training model allows you to pick the days (Monday-Saturday) and times that work for you. You are in charge of the scheduling and can even make last minute changes when needed.
What should I expect during my free evaluation?
- A discussion about your past and current fitness and performance histories. We will discuss your strengths, areas you want to improve, and goals for training.
- We will then perform a whole body movement assessment to gather the information we need to design your personalized training program.
How do I schedule my free evaluation?
- Contact us to get more information and one of our strength coaches will reach out to you to get you started.
How old do you have to be to start training?
- Momentum does not have a specific age requirement to begin training. As kids start playing sports as early as 4 or 5 years old, it is never too soon to start learning how to use your body more efficiently and establish healthy lifestyles. Training proper movement can be done early on in development. Momentum has training clients as young as 9 years old. A variety of factors will play into whether or not a child is ready to train, including the ability to follow direction and stay focused within a group setting.
Do parents need to stay for training?
- Parents do not have to be present during the training session; however, it may be helpful for you to attend the evaluation for our younger athletes. This will allow you to learn more about us, provide feedback about your child, and understand how we design and implement our individualized training programs.
- You are always welcome to wait in our waiting area while your child is training.
What are the packages you offer?
- We offer a variety of packages for both performance training and nutrition coaching. We encourage you to reach out to us to find out more information.
WILL INSURANCE COVER PERFORMANCE TRAINING?
- Insurance cannot be used to cover performance training. However, many private insurance companies contribute to gym memberships. If your insurance company has this benefit, we can provide the documentation needed to receive this reimbursement.
Do the performance training, nutrition coaching, and physical therapy staff work together?
- Collaborative, team-driven care is what we are about!! We all work together to support you and your goals. We want you to get the most out of your Momentum experience, but more so, your movement and performance journey as a whole.
Sign up for your free one-on-one assessment with one of our strength coaches and learn more how Momentum Performance Training can help you!